EasySundays is pleased to invite you to a picnic brunch on Sunday 28 April, between 12.30 – 16.00 at the Elzenhof Flemish community center & garden, 12-16 Kroonlaan/Avenue de la Couronne (opposite place Blyckaerts).
As usual, adults pay 12 euros at the door, while children get in for free.
So, don’t miss our garden picnic buffet, cakes of Brookies & Co (www.brookies.be) and special limited edition EasySundays coldcappuccino bar!
All proceeds will go to the Samusocial. The Samusocial responds to situations of acute social distress by providing various services, including a toll-free phone number, mobile support teams, emergency accommodation, psychological and social support.
To support families in need we will also be collecting (used) children’s clothes, books and toys.
Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday 28 April!
EasySundays celebrated the last evening of February with ease, wine and tapas ! Apart from having a great time, we managed to raise funds for the daycare centres operated by the Self Employed Womens’ Association, SEWA, in Ahmedabad India.
On Thursday 28 February, more than 60 people filled the Maison de Quartier Malibran with their best Sunday spirit.
The EasySundays team together with Thomas Wallet of Apéro Toto proposed a chilled out evening with selected wines, tasty tapas and great opportunities to mingle while supporting an important cause.
With your support, 300 euros were raised for the SEWA Sangini childcare cooperative. Together with of our November Masala Brunch, we have thus been able to collect a total of 800 euros in support of poor, working women in the Indian megalopolis of Ahmedabad.
Thanks to the daycare services offered by SEWA, women can find employment and become more independent.
Full employment includes work and income security, food security and social security. At the same time, their children can spend their early childhood in a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment.
Merry Christmas and a Healthy and Joyful New Year!
The EasySundays team is wholeheartedly wishing you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
In 2012, our dedicated team has organised five brunches, an apéro and an auction of children’s art (in cooperation with the EC), in line with the EasySundays spirit of:
“enjoying homemade food, meeting people, discovering new places and supporting great causes.“
Thanks to all of you, more than five thousand euros have been collected and directed to associations and initiatives that help children, women and their communities towards a better life.
Namely, in 2012, EasySundays has acted in support of:
- Escuela democratica de Huamacucho: an educational institution that provides progressive schooling in the small Andean community of Huamachuco, Peru
- GAMS (Groupe pour l’abolition des mutilations sexuelles), an association that campaigns against Female Genital Mutilation, which constitutes a persisting threat for African women, Belgium & Africa
- O allos anthropos (the other human/free food for all): a social kitchen movement that caters food to people in need through live cooking and shared meals, Athens, Greece
- Peace & Development Group: a local partner of the Belgian asbl Quinoa that asserts the rights of small farmer communities, Negros Island, Philippines
- Self Employed Women’s Association (SEWA): the SEWA Sangini daycare centre cooperative helps poor women increase their livelihood, Ahmedabad, India
- Clown et Magicien sans frontières (CMSF) : an association of clowns and magicians that spread laughter to children in distress, Belgium and the world
- Pour un sourire d’enfant (PSE): an NGO that offers food and education to children living in garbage dumps of Phnom Penh, Cambodia
These seven successful events would not have been possible without the help of our volunteers. We would like to thank them from the bottom of our hearts!
We are looking forward to seeing you all again in February, over a solidary and fun Wine Tasting!
The EasySundays team
On Sunday 9 December EasySundays celebrated St Nicolas with Clowns without Borders!
The cooking team proposed a special St. Nicolas Menu with velouté soup, duck salad, grilled chicken, roasted chestnuts, ginger bread and mulled wine, among others!
More than 75 people came to enjoy the food, the session prepared by 2 clowns and a magician, and the nice tunes of DJ A.!
Thank to their participation, EUR 550 have been raised to support Clowns Without Borders Belgium.
Clowns Without Borders Belgium – Clowns et Magiciens Sans Frontières – is an NGO aiming to improve the conditions of life for children and communities living in crises, through laughter and humor.
For more than 10 years, they have been travelling in refugee’s camps, conflict area and also prisons. More information @ www.cmsf.be.
And last but not least, the EasySundays lottery offered to win 2 tickets for the next event: This time, the happy winner of the lottery is Sanni R.! Sanni, you are welcome to come with a friend at our Wine Tasting in February!
To get updates on our upcoming events, join our EasySundays Facebook group !